Friday, January 28, 2005

Patriotism and Fascism

Media Matters for America has pointed out another Fox-ism that made me so angry that I had to break my pre-Iraq election silence.

I love America, and I'm against the war. I served my country in the United States Air Force, and to have Ann Coulter basically accuse anyone who isn't Pat Buchanan of being unpatriotic is frankly insulting.

We've very obviously tipped over some point of sanity on Fox. Most of the fools who sent us into this war didn't love America enough to actually wear a uniform. Ann and Hannity have never raised their hand and swore before god an country to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

You don't need to agree with the current administration, current policy, or even like any of the leaders to be a patriot. I'd say that taking the oath and wearing the uniform makes one a far sight more patriotic than insulting people that don't agree with you.

So since Ann has insulted me personally, I'll be waiting for her apology. She can leave it right here in the comments field. I know I'll be waiting a long time.

Remember: Hitler is Germany, Germany is Hitler.

Redefining patriotism in this way is just one more step towards fascism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home